About Uneven Bars Finals…
I won’t make a full recap, but here are my overall impressions:
– So much better than vault finals: beauty and safety on every routine🙂
– I actually like Gabby’s astronaut leotard! It looked so cool in her! About her performance, we knew she didn’t have much of a chance of medal, specially with everyone hitting their routines, so her mistake wasn’t really a huge deal.
– Nice to see Koko Tsurumi in finals too. She has beautiful lines and a very fluid routine.
– Too bad about Komova’s mistake, because otherwise it was a great routine. She would probably have medaled had she hit her routine but, honestly, I am happier with the podium as it turned out!
– Seitz is so hardcore with her Def!
– Yao jinnan looked so happy throughout the entire competition. Glad to see her like that! Love the pirouetting on her routine.
– Beth is the Best! So much respect for this girl! She put British gymnastics on the map and has done so much for her country. She has my favorite UB routine ever and an Olympic medal at home was such a great way to end her career. I already miss seeing her in competition😦
– He kexin is fierce! No inconsistencies for her in London, and hitting the hardest uneven bars routine of the entire competition gave her the very deserving silver medal. Three Olympic medals for this lady! I was so happy to see her on the podium again. Great comeback!
– Mustafina is the Queen! Oh my, can you believe she is Olympic champion? Russia hadn’t won an Olympic gold medal since 2000. After being the one to beat in 2010, having a career-ending injury on 2011 and a rough restart in 2012, Aliya shows everyone she still has got the IT-factor. She is now the most decorated gymnast of the quad! I am so incredibly proud of her!
I am so happy with the results!
What about you? What did you think of the UB finals?