Top 3 and Bottom 3 moments from Team finals!
It’s time to take a look at the team competition. Here are my choices for top and bottom 3 moments of the day.
– Team Canada finishing in fifth place: Ok guys, I had to mention team Canada again! It is so impressing to see them in this position. It was already amazing that they had made team finals, let alone hit their routines to end right behind the “Big Fourth” of gymnastics. They made a statement and, from now on, we can consider them one of the best teams in the world too!
– Nice Sportsmanship on the Medal Ceremony: It was really sad, but very understandable, to see the Russians in tears after having so many mistakes and taking the silver medal. They trained their whole lives for being at the Olympics and not accomplishing your goals is always something to be upset about. Anyway, I loved to see the three teams moving past any previous emotions and just smiling and enjoying the moment while receiving their Olympic medals. All of them are amazing athletes and showed they appreciate the opportunity of competing and representing their countries in an Olympic stage.
– Team USA’s performance: Three letters for you: WOW! Seriously, I mean, these girls not only won, but they rocked the house! Starting with those brilliant Amanars (Maroney’s was the best vault of the history of vaults!), also doing a solid job on bars, being rocks on beam and putting on a true show on floor (Aly finishing her routine already crying because she knew they had done it!), all of these moments are unforgettable and they deserved the gold medal so much! Let’s not forget the amazing attitude Jordyn brought to the game, just being 100% there for the team, despite any previous disappointments. Such a true champion! And Gabby, who went from last year not being able to handle her nerves at all to performing all-around on team finals at the Olympics, giving four amazing routines! Mckayla cheering her teammates on during the entire competition, Aly giving the best pep talks ever and Kyla’s happy tears after getting her job done on beam were all memorable moments. These five girls are so young and yet they handled a huge responsibility like true pros, having fun and doing their absolute best. Simply the most amazing team performance I have ever seen!
– China’s inconsistency: So sad to see the nerves getting the best of these girls. They are all very talented, but couldn’t handle the pressure. At the end, seeing He Kexin wiping Deng Linlin’s tears was just heartbreaking. Still it was nice to see some of the girl’s being solid, like Sui Lu doing a great job on beam and floor and He Kexin hitting her bars routine once again. I really hope they can all pull it together for events finals though.
– Afanasyeva’s fall on floor: Such a beautiful and intricate floor routine, I think everyone in the arena was hypnotized by her performance. Seeing her fall on her last pass was just so unexpected and heartbreaking. Good thing we will see her on floor finals again.
– Honestly, I can’t think of a third thing that upset me on team finals. It was such a great competition! I guess my bottom three just became a bottom 2 😉
In your opinion, what were the top 3/bottom 3 moments at team finals?