How to Qualify for London at the Test Event
October 30, 2011
- There will be a total of 98 WAG gymnasts competing at the Olympic Games.
- 41 qualified at the World Championships in Tokyo. That includes teams from USA, Russia, China, Romania, Great Britain, Germany, Japan and Australia, and Phan of Vietnam.
- 4 additional teams will qualify at the test event.
- America, Asia, Europe and Oceania have gymnasts that are qualified for the games, but Africa does not. If an African gymnast does not qualify on their own at the test event, two spots will be given to the top two african gymnasts from worlds. Those gymnasts, I believe, were Ashleigh Heldsinger (RSA) and Nicole Szabo (RSA).
- 1 gymnast will get the wild card. They must participate at the test event.
- That seems to leave 34 spots for individuals. Only one gymnast per country can qualify as an individual at the test event. The only team that could qualify two gymnasts using one individual spot is Vietnam, but that seems very unlikely. South Africa has also probably qualified two gymnasts through continental representation. So it is either one spot or a full team, unless you are South Africa or Vietnam